Wednesday, January 5, 2011

[Magento] when you upload product image and click save, it takes you back to admin login screen

Today I was changing some codes in Magento fashion shopping mall as usual, I got new tech support from my client. She was updating product pictures. After browsing a picture and uploading process, the system took her to the login screen. This disabled her to upload a picture at all.

My solution was so simple. Sometimes, magento is unstable when I uninstall some 3rd party add-on. There must be reason but it looks like no reason. For this case, I couldn't figure out even though I do step-by-step reinstall on uninstalled add-on I did recently. I don't know how to solve. ( People says it is Flash involved problem. My case was not that.) However, I thought it is a cookie problem.

Admin > System > configuration > web > Session Cookie Management

changed value in Cookie Lifetime set 3600. (Mine was 0 meaning unlimited. somehow this isn't working.)

Magically this solves. My headache is gone. Bam!!!

1 comments:

Hamilton Bass said...

There must be purpose but it looks like no purpose. For this situation, I couldn't determine even though I do step-by-step re-install on removed add-on I did lately. I don't know how to solve.